BF 375 Salam 1881-1905

References: Customs and Excise Register of Sea Fishing Boats

Port Letters & No: BF 375

Name: Salam

Official Number: 

Built: 1881

Type of Vessel: Lugger, Scaffie, clinkered, 1st class,  6 men and  1 boy, nets and lines.

Dimensions:   37.0ft.lok.,  52.0ft.loa.,  16.7ft.b., 4.9ft.d.

Tonnage: 20.0grt.,  20.0nrt. remeasured, 1890 April 3rd., to 19.14grt

Propulsion: Lug sails; jib, foresail and mizzen.

Radio Call Sign:

Years: 1881 to 1905

Owners & Port History:

1. Owner: Peter Smith, ‘Latin’ (Skipper) and Alexander Garden until 1881 October 19th.

Port: Portessie

2. Owner: Peter Smith, ‘Latin’ from 1881 October 19th. until 1890 April 4th.

Port: Portessie

3. Owner: James Smith, ‘Jeckie’, from 1890 April 4th until 1899 January 26th.

Port: Portessie

4. Owner: David Addison (Skipper) and George Runcie both of 208 Seatown Cullen in the County of Banff, Fishermen, from 1899 January 26th until 1902 April 16th.

Port: Cullen

5. Owner: James Addison (Skipper) and Peter Addison both of Seatown Cullen in the County of Banff, Fishermen, from 1902 April 16th.


6. Owner: 



1881 May 4th, registered BF 375 Salam

1905 March 13th registry closed, vessel broken up.